Please select a category and/or use ANY keyword for your search
Julian CadenaJulian Cadena Translations Language Pair: Spanish, EnglishNative Language: English – Spanish – Country of Origin: United States
Certified by the American Translators Association (ATA)
University of North Carolina at Asheville – Bachelor of Science
Environmental Studies, concentration in Ecology and Field Biology
8 Credit Hours
English Composition, Introduction to Psychology
March 2017 – Present (Durham, NC & Atlanta, GA, U.S.A.)
• Publications and internal documents (Southerners on New Ground) – 25,000 words
• Publications and internal documents (World Vision International) – 24,100 words
• Voter engagement conference materials (Groundswell Fund) – 22,200 words
February 2015 – March 2017 (Asheville, NC, U.S.A.)
• Translated horticultural and environmental educational materials
• Translated using Spanish and English as both source and target languages
January 2013 – February 2015 (Armenia, Quindío, Colombia)
• Authored and translated gardening manual, Spanish and English editions, 60 pages
• Translated technical occupational texts
• Provided agricultural consulting services at OSELING Retreat Center in Granada, Spain
Sembradores Urbanos / Huertos Concretos
May 2011 – January 2013 (Mexico City, D.F., Mexico)
• Translated agricultural and environmental education material – 56,000 words
• Developed crop plans for restaurants Pujol and Bresca
Translation of text from Spanish into English, including reports, articles, manuscripts, and manuals.
Editing of documents, inspecting the English text along with the Spanish original to guarantee a high-quality, error-free final document.
Proofreading of documents originally in English or translated from Spanish.
Localization of materials written in specific variants of Spanish into Latin American Spanish.
My areas of specialization include:
Technical, Scientific, and Academic.
Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Public Health.
Language Justice and Civil Rights.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY
Memsource – Wordfast – Adobe Design Suite – Microsoft Office
MORE ABOUT ME
I’m Julian, an ATA Certified Translator based in the U.S. working in the Spanish -> English language pair. I’ve been translating professionally for 8 years. I am passionate about language justice in the sociology, plant science and research communities.
My method is thorough and detailed. I read the entirety of the text for tone and style, make sure I can define all terms, and then begin the process of translating ideas first. Subtleties of expression are taken into account and transformed into the final product. My aim is for the final translation to read as if it were originally written in the target language.